READ-It Director Paul Garner discusses his experience of having COVID-19
READ-It Director Paul Garner outlines his experience of having COVID-19 in several recent news articles.
Since mid-March 2020, when he developed COVID-19, he highlights that almost seven weeks have been "a rollercoaster of ill health, extreme emotions, and utter exhaustion. Although not hospitalised, it has been frightening and long. The illness ebbs and flows, but never goes away".
Paul notes that "health professionals, employers, partners, and people with the disease need to know that this illness can last for weeks, and the long tail is not some “post-viral fatigue syndrome”—it is the disease. People who have a more protracted illness need help to understand and cope with the constantly shifting, bizarre symptoms, and their unpredictable course".
- BMJ Opinion article : 5 May 2020
- LSTM news : 5 May 2020
- Liverpool Echo : 8 May 2020
- Daily Mail : 10 May 2020
- BBC Radio 5 Live : 10 May 2020
- HuffPost article : 11 May 2020
- ME Association : 11 May 2020
- The Guardian : 15 May 2020
- Sky news : 18 May 2020
- BMJ Opinion article : 19 May 2020
- ABC News : 19 May 2020
- Video ABC News : 19 May 2020 (Paul Garner clip at 04.00)
BBC World Service : 19 May 2020 (Paul Garner clip at 45.00)
The i Newspaper : 21 May 2020
The Telegraph : 21 May 2020